- Village Office
- Building, Planning & Development
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Works
- Emergency Services
- Cemetery & Columbarium
An emergency can happen at any time. It is best to be prepared for an emergency before it occurs. Two large steps you and your family can take to prepare for an emergency are having an emergency kit and discussing what to do in an emergency.
Prepare an Emergency Kit:
- Drinking Water (minimum of 4 litres of water per person per day)
- Food (minimum 3 day supply, should be non-perishable and replaced yearly)
- First Aid Supplies
- Emergency phone contact
- Personal items, such as medicine, or baby supplies.
- Pet Food/Supplies
- Battery powered light source or matches and candles.
- Fire Extinguisher (5lb Dry Chemical - ABC)
- Extra keys for your home or vehicles.
- Copies of your insurance information.
Premade emergency kits are often available from hardware or safety supply stores.
Create a Family Emergency Plan:
- Ensure all family members know where to meet or go in case of an emergency.
- Ensure all family members have an emergency contact list.
- Take special care of children, they may not fully understand an emergency situation.
Prepared BC has already created a template for a Family Emergency Plan. Just click here and fill out the form with your family!
Types of Emergencies:
In Pouce Coupe the most likely emergencies we may have to face include:
- Traffic accidents involving dangerous goods
- Extreme weather events (storms, extremely cold temperatures, droughts)
- Plane crashes
Having specific plans and supplies for these emergencies may help if they ever arise.
In an emergency:
Information about Emergency Social Services can be found here.